AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 46: Smoky Slate

 


This week some members of the Art with Heart Team are creating with Smoky Slate, as part of the Weekly Colour Creations Blog Hop.

 

A very simple card from me this week – I’ve only used Smoky Slate and Basic White cardstock and no DSP.


The stamped flower image is from Ranunculus Romance. It has been cut using a coordinating die from Ranunculus  dies. I actually cut this twice – one is the stamped image (on Basic White) whilst the second was cut from Smoky Slate cardstock (no stamping). I used the Smoky Slate piece to (hopefully) create a “shadow” effect. Do you think it worked?

 

The greeting is from Happiness Abounds and is adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Looking at the card now as I'm writing this post, I am thinking that a "sympathy" greeting may have been more suitable - oh well!

 

I have used three of the Adhesive-Backed Milky Dots that I used in the last Colour Creations Blog Hop, but this time I used White dots. 


The inside of the card has been decorated with a simple stamped image – just a portion of the flower that is on the front of the card.

 

Clicking on the icon below will take you to Andrea Sargent who is next on our Blog Hop. I can't wait to see what she has made!

 

If the above link is broken, or you want to see a list of all the participants, please head to the blog of this week’s host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Cathy Proctor.

We all love to receive comments on our posts, so please feel free to do so.

Happy Stampin'

Fiona xx

Comments

  1. Fiona, your monochrome card is very elegant and yes, I think using the Smoky Slate piece to create a shadow effect definitely worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simplicity of this image makes a lovely statement, and I like the stamped flower inside the card too Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Fiona. I love the way you shadowed the beautiful ranunculus flower. A delightful card inner too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely elegantly simple card Fiona and yes the Smoky Slate cardstock does create a shadow effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the white space on your monotone card, Fiona. Sometimes simple is a great way to go, and you've achieved a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant card Fiona - I for one am really going to miss this stamp set - I use it a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple elegance Fiona. That's my kind of card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment