AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 40: Poppy Parade

This week the Art with Heart team is creating with Poppy Parade for the Weekly Colour Creations Blog Hop. 


I've actually got 2 projects for you this week - must be because I've been MIA, and I'm making up for lost time 😊

Project One

My daughter Alisha recently asked me to make a book mark for her. She loves cats (like me), and the Love Cats stamp set is just perfect for her and Poppy Parade - there are hearts!

I stamped the cat image and the greeting in Black Memento Ink on a Basic White cardstock panel. I actually used the Stamparatus to line up the image and greeting. The heart is coloured with the Dark Poppy Parade Blend.

Using my Cut & Emboss Machine I then ran the stamped panel through with one of the Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folders - I'll leave you to work out which one!

I have rounded the corners of the Basic White panel and Poppy Parade & Basic Black mats.

Once assembled I ran the bookmark through my laminator for added strength. Alisha loved it - as did 16 year old Kayla, one of our cats!

Project Two

My second project is a Valentines/Love themed card, using cardstock in Poppy Parade, Basic Gray and Basic WhiteThe card base is Basic Gray - it's a bit hard to tell given the background of my photo (we live and learn!)



I made my own stencil of 2cm x 2cm squares and used this to lightly stencil the squares as "diamonds" in Basic Gray on two pieces of Basic White (one for the front of the card and one for the inside).


The flowers and leaf images are from the Happiness Abounds stamp set. Stamped in Black Memento Ink, they have been coloured using Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler and Granny Apple Green Blends. They have been cut using the appropriate die from Blossoming Happiness Dies.


The larger flower on the front has been adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The greeting is from the Friends are like Seashells stamp set.


And this is the inside!



Clicking on the icon below will take you to Rosa Leyden, who is next on our Blog Hop. I can't wait to see what she has made!


If the above link is broken, or you want to see a list of all the participants, please head to the blog of this week’s host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Cathy Proctor.

We all love to receive comments on our posts, so please feel free to do so.

Happy Stampin'

Fiona xx




Comments

  1. Your card and bookmark are fabulous! The cat with the heart is so sweet, and the bold flowers look amazing against the trellis-like stencilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Fiona! Just like Kayla (who is adorable!) I love your bookmark and the red rose on the trellis is so classically stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a delightful bookmark and card Fiona. Your blended background is lovely - especially as you created your own mask. The colouring of your flowers is beautiful. Striking against the background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great projects, Fiona. A very cute bookmark - great to see the official endorsement from Kayla. I love your handmade stencil, it's terrific. I also love the clean, crisp look you've achieved with your colouring of the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona you have created two lovely projects. The bookmark is very cute and I really love the trellis effect for that beautiful rose in your second card. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bookmark is lovely, Fiona. Your card is gorgeous. I adore that blended background using the stencil and fading it out. The flowers add a beautiful pop of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card and bookmark are both beautiful, The cat bookmark is darn cute along with its sentiment. I love the trellis background and stunning vibrant flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bookmark is super-cute, but the card is next-level beautiful, Fiona! I LOVE it. The softly stencilled background perfectly grounds the vibrant, gorgeous, flowers. Beautiful eye for detail, in composing this card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment