AWH Colour Creations Showcase - Week 11: Coastal Cabana




Welcome to Week 11 of the Art with Heart Colour Creations Showcase! Yes - I've been MIA the last couple of weeks - you'd think with Lockdown 2.0 in Melbourne that I'd have time to get these cards done, but the last couple of weeks.....

Anyway - I was presented with a dilemma this week as I had no DSP containing Coastal Cabana, and none of my stamp sets were inspiring me - and I thought "What on earth will I make?"

I decided work with textures this week and I made my own DSP using one of the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks  and White Embossing Paste coloured with Smokey Slate from the Ink Refill!

I dry embossed all the Coastal Cabana cardstock with the Tasteful Textures 3D Embossing Folder, including the card front.


The Real Red balloons and greeting are cut with the Balloon Bouquet Punch and a Well Written Die respectively. I've used Linen Thread for the balloon (just noticed a bit of fluff on the far right balloon.... oops)


And I finished the greeting with a Red Rhinestone for the dot on the "i".

I used the same Decorative Mask, Smokey Slate Stamp Pad and a Dauber to make the pattern on the inside of the card. I also added a piece of Coastal Cabana embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you liked this week's card. To see what the other talented ladies have make click here.

I'll do my best to be here next Wednesday evening. Until then keep safe!

Fiona

 

Comments

  1. Looks awesome Fiona! I have missed you these past few weeks! I can’t wait to give my card to Mum on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know if she likes it Ben😃

      Delete
  2. Great colour combination Fiona - your Smoky slate embossed dots look great! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous Coastal Cabana card with us tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the fuzzy-looking texture of the spotty background, Fiona. You've used a great colour combination on this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a background Fiona, it looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Striking card Fiona, I love the spotted background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and great colour combo, Fiona. Real Red looks fantastic with Coastal Cabana. I love the effect you've achieved with embossing the balloons too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that coloured embossing paste is awesome, what a fantastic effect, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, all those delicious textures. Great card Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the texture on your card, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to create your background, so ingenious. Even though you didnt have much in coastal cabana you've managed to come up with a beautiful creation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment