Sunflower Madness


I usually meet once a week to stamp with a couple of friends who are also Stampin' Up! Demonstrators (my stamping buddies). Friday night here were just two of us and we made a few card, one of which I'd really love to share with you.

The inspiration for this card came from two sources:

1. Stamp Set inspiration (Celebrate Sunflowers) is from a card made by Vicki Boucher, a fellow member of the Art with Heart Team here in Australia. I loved how she coloured her sunflower in last weeks Colour Creations Showcase where we highlighted Blackberry Bliss. You can see Vicki's card here 

2. Design inspiration is from Sweet Sunday Sketch.



As you can see from my card, we didn't copy the design exactly, but that's the beauty of card sketches - you can make them your own, tweaking them to suit the stamp sets, paper and embellishments you want to use.


  

We started with a Magenta Madness Base with a Whisper White mat. The DSP is from Flowers for Every Season and that's Bumblebee cardstock we stamped the greeting on. And I must say, the Stamparatus came into good use when it came time to stamp the greeting.  



The sunflower is coloured with the Stampin' Blends, both light and dark, in Magenta Madness, Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight. Basic Black cardstock was used to cut the sunflower outline and the foliage using dies from the Sunflowers die set.

I was really pleased with how the sunflower turned out. 




And yes - as per usual the insert could not be blank!


I actually find it amusing that I wanted to make a card with the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set, because when I first looked at the 20/21 Annual Catalogue this was not a set that grabbed my attention. Luckily one of my stampin' buddies purchased it - thanks Marlene!

And thank you to those of you who have made it to the end of this post, for taking the time to look at my blog.

I hope you can visit again soon.

Fiona

Comments