A Die with a Difference


I was inspired to create this 12cm x 12cm card after seeing a similar card made by Jennifer McGuire. You can see that card here.








I used the large flower from the Petal Palette Stamp Set and its' corresponding die from the Petals & More Thinlits Dies, both of which are featured on page 23 of the 2018 Occasions Catalogue. The greeting is from the Cake Soiree Stamp Set, also in 2018 Occasions Catalogue (page 12).

I coloured the stamped image with the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Stampin' Blends.

There is not a lot happening on this card, but that's ok - because as they say on those cooking shows.... the "hero" of this dish card is the way the die cut is utilized. It has not been cut out and adhered to the card front, it is a part of the card front. I have only run part of the die through the Big Shot, so it has only partially cut the image.


Now if you have colored using our Stampin' Blends you will know that the color bleeds through the card stock. Given the way this card is constructed I thought it unsightly when viewed from the back.


But when making cards, there always seems to be a way around such problems. I simply used my Big Shot to cut another die cut and adhere it to the back of the card, sandwiched between the A frame card base and the card front.


What work around have you used recently in your creating?

Fiona

Comments