AWH Colour Creations Showcase - Week 6: Bumblebee


Well tonight nearly didn't happen. I am not so organised this week but..... I pulled it off, albeit with poor photography lighting and no time to properly check my post but I don't have the time to play around with it so... 


I hope you like what I have made for Week 6 of the Art with Heart Colour Creations Showcase using the first of the new In Colors for 2020-2021 - Bumblee.


I used the masking technique to stamp the tulips and leaves, so it gives the impression that the Gray Granite tulips are behind the Bumblebee tulip. 


To do this I stamped and embossed the tulip, stem and leaves using VersaMark, Bumblebee and Pear Pizzazz stamp pads and of course Clear Embossing Powder. I then punched a tulip using the Tulip Builder punch and stamped and fussy cut the leaves. I used these to cover the embossed images whilst I stamped the other tulips in Gray Granite.

The Spotlight Technique has also been used  - I coloured just one tulip to make it stand out!


The greeting, along with the tulip images is from the Timeless Tulips stamp set. I think the greeting goes really well with the Spotlight Technique due to the last line. What do you think?

The card has a Gray Granite card base and Bumblee mat.

I've scuffed up the edges of both the Bumblebee mat and the Whisper White cardstock on both the inside and outside of the card. On the outside I have also embossed the edges of the Whisper White cardstock with Versamark, Bumblee ink and Clear Embossing Powder. I got this idea last week from fellow Art with Hearter, Christine Blain. You can see her card here

I finished off the front of the card with 3 of the now retired Gold Faceted Gems. There are many embellishments in the current catalogue that you could use in place of these. Check out pages 156 and 157 of the Annual Catty where you'll find Champagne Rhinestones, Metallic Pearls and Gold Glitter Enamel Dots.


And the inside of the card cannot be plain of course...


To see the list of all participants so you can see what they have created this week click here 

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to look at what we have made. Hope to see you next week.

Fiona

Comments

  1. If you were struggling for time, then you did extremely well to pull off masking technique! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Fiona, the spotlight technique really worked. The Bumblebee tulip stood out wonderfully. The sentiment is so true too! Love the way you have scuffed up the edges as well. Really lovely card Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona the way you used the masking technique works really well on this card and the sentiment is simply perfect for the card design! Thank you for inspiring us all with your Bumblebee creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've achieved the masking technique but really love the rustic edges to the layers. Lovely card Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Fiona, and great showcasing of Bumblebee using the masking technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that one bright tulip stands out; perfect pairing with the sentiment! Glad I inspired you, to heat-emboss the edges of the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, love that one Bumblebee tulip to stand out and I think those rough edges around the cardstock layers, really is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment