Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 15, 2010

A little bit of inspiration.......

Today I've made a card, the inspiration for which came from one of the members of the Art with Heart team, Christine Blain (you can see Christine's card here). I love how she used white ink on Kraft for her flowers, so I thought I'd try it using one of my relatively new stamp sets - "Fifth Avenue Floral" and some of the georgous Real Red Polka-Dot Ribbon that's in the current Summer Mini. (If you'd  like to add this ribbon to your stash don't forget that the Summer Mini Catalogue finishes on 31st March 2010).

This is the card I came up with. I've embossed the background using VersaMark and clear embossing powder. I also embossed a clear flower on the inside of the card. You can just see this in the second photo. I think you could make some really pretty backgrounds with this stamp set, in versamark, which gives a watermark effect, or even in tone on tone - for example stamped in pretty in pink on pretty in pink cardstock..... hmmm might have to try that next!

The flower on my card is raised with dimensionals, and really should have been stamped on watercolour paper, but I don't have any yet in my stash. (I ordered some yesterday so I can't wait til it arrives and I can get into some watercolouring)
.


To make this card you will need the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

Stamp Set - Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink - Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad, Versa Mark, Markers - Real Red, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Always Artichoke
Cardstock - Real Red, Kraft
Accessories - Large Oval Punch, Dauber, 3/4" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon in Real Red (from the Summer Mini), Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Embossing Buddy, Stampin' Emboss Powder in White & Clear, Heat Tool, Blender Pen,

I'm so glad you popped in to see what I've been doing.

Happy Stampin'

Fiona

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, Fi! Can't go wrong with kraft, and Real Red - it's a beautiful combination. I am honoured that I inspired you! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete