Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sympathy Cards

I was only talking earlier today to a couple of my customers about Sympathy Cards. They are not a card I really think of making until I need one. And now I need one.

You may have seen in the paper or heard on the news about the death of a young university student. It was one of my husband's (Kim's) relatives - his cousin's son. He died early this morning after falling down a stairwell at uni.

It was not that long ago that the family was left numb by the tragic death of one of Kim's cousins. She was killed in a bicycle accident in the city.

Two young lives losts, and with them, all their hopes and dreams.

Only my son Troy was was home when I found out - I went and gave him a huge cuddle. I don't know what I'd do if I were to lose either of my two children. I just don't know how parents cope in times like this.

I've made my sympathy card - didn't have any "sympathy" stamps - I guess they're not cards I like to think of making. But I made do with what I did have......




To make this card you will need the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

Stamp Set - Fifth Avenue Floral & Basic Phrases.
Ink - Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze
Card Stock - Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Watercolour Paper
Accessories - Baja Breeze 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Curly Label Punch, Blender Pen


My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a child....

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment