Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Eyelet Border Punch

For one of my upcoming workshops, the lovely hostess - Wendy - has asked that I use the Eyelet Border Punch. As I don't own the punch I asked my up line - Claire Daly - if I could borrow hers. She very kindly let me borrow the punch (thanks Claire) for a couple of days so I could "play" and come up with a card for Wendy's workshop.

Well.... I'm going to have to put the Eyelet Border Punch on my next order...... I LOVE it - it is SO versatile. Have a peek below at the various "looks" I came up with.

This is a "2" card  - it uses:

2 card stock colours - Whisper White and Basic Black
2 ink colours - again Whisper White and Basic Black
2 stamp sets -  Live Like You Mean It (Hostess Set ) and Fifth Avenue Floral
2 cutting tools - Paper Snips and Eyelet Border Punch




This card was made using Basic Black ,Whisper White and Lovely Lilac card stock. I used 2 stamp sets - "Basic Phrases" (IB&C) and "For Everything" (Summer Mini).

I stamped the flower image and greeting using my Certainly Celery and Lovely Lilac Markers. I was VERY thankful that I had my Stamp-a-ma-jig, as it helped me put the flower in the correct spot on top of the stem. I would be lost without my Stamp-a-ma-jig - it's definitely $22.95 well spent. (page 155 IB&C).

The ribbon is Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon .

I used 2 punches - obviously the Eyelet Border Punch, but also the Curly Label Punch which you can only purchase as part of the Curly Label Punch Bundle. For $65.96, you not only get the punch, but also 4 coordinating stamps. (page 153 IB&C).





This card was a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) of a card I saw at Claire's when I borrowed her punch. I used one of the current "In Colours" - Kiwi Kiss, as well as Real Red, Bashful Blue and Whisper White (don't you just love the names that SU gives it's colours!).

The stamp sets are Fifth Avenue Floral and one of the four SAB (Sale-a-bration) stamp sets -  Vintage Labels. You can only get SAB stamp sets through the Sale-a-bration promotion that lasts until 31st March 2010. You can choose a set FOR FREE when you spend $100 on SU product, or host a workshop with sales of at least $600. If you are interested give me a call (03 9727 3992).

I've also used the standard wheel "lluminated" also borrowed from Claire (thanks again!).

Of Course, the Eyelet Border Punch got another work out - and I also used the Scallop Square Punch.





Rose Red card stock and ink - I just love this colour.... it's one of my (many) favourites. I simply added some Whisper White and Apricot Appeal  card stock and some DSP (pattern paper) in Apricot Appeal(punched with the Scallop Circle Punch to make the "icing"). This DSP is only available as a Hostess Gift with qualifying workshop sales. You actually get 60 sheets of 6" x 6" DSP in 5 colours (Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Brocade Blue, Basic Grey and Garden Green).

I used the Big Bold Birthday stamp set to stamp the cake and the greeting. The greeting was punch with the Word Window Punch.





This card uses the "For Everything" and "Butterfly Prints" stamp sets, and the coordinating Butterfly Punch all three of which are in the Summer Mini Catalogue. If you want either of these stamp sets or the Butterfly Punch then you need to be quick as the Summer Mini Catalogue finishes on 31st March 2010.

The two colours used are Very Vanilla and Cameo Coral.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my latest creations......until next time....

Happy Stampin'

Fiona


2 comments:

  1. Whoa - you've been busy, Fi! You have certainly made the most of the punch on loan, LOL. I particularly love the cupcake card. They're all really lovely, and you've come up with some great ideas - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Thanks for sharing so many uses of the punch.

    ReplyDelete